So the other day I took a look in the top drawer of my desk at work. I’m not talking about the glance you give when you throw something in that you might need “someday”. I actually looked at what was in there. It was kind of scary what I had let accumulate. Here is a partial list of what I found:
- Box of pushpins
- Obsolete Autodesk, ESRI, and Trimble trial software and drivers from 3 years ago.
- Short, flathead screwdriver
- A Spaceghost Christmas ornament
- Organic white tea bags (about 6 of them)
- 12 inch ruler (I actually use this from time to time to measure margins, boxes, icons and other elements on printed maps)
- 2009 statistical abstract of the United States
- Four USB cables from unknown hardware purchases
- Engineering ruler
- Box of plastic forks
- Bottle of instant Krazy Glue
- More than eleven pens from geospatial conference vendors
- 12 volt power supply to something I probably threw away in 2010
- Crossword puzzle book
- Seven lip balm containers (Six were empty)
- PS/2 to USB adapter
- Some flashy button thing from a conference
- Various sizes of sticky note pad
This was just the top drawer. I’m kind of afraid to get into the bottom two. It looks like I am going to have to do some winter cleaning pretty soon.
I am sure there are plenty of more interesting desk drawer content lists out there so leave a comment and let me know what’s in yours.